Horses in the Park
- Who: Equestrians & their Mounts
- What: "An Equine Experience"
- When: Last Sunday of Every Month, 1PM
- Where: Valley Green Inn, Forbidden Drive, Wissahickon Valley, Fairmount Park
- Why: An "up close & personal experience". Ask questions, meet & greet the horses & their rider. Learn about safe & proper horse etiquette when encountering a horse on the trail or Forbidden Drive, how to safely approach a horse.
Come "Celebrate the Horse!"
Horses have been a part of our country and in the Wissahickon Valley for centuries. Man has ridden them intobattle; used them for plowing fields to put food on the table and earn a living; the Lenape Indians who lived in the Wissahickon Valley relied solely on thehorse for all their transportation needs; Philadelphia had one of the finestMounted Patrols in the country & they were hard to beat in competition.